I heard about The Tots100/Dubai Dreams Blogger challenge to win a trip to Dubai with Dubai Tourism and I just had to get involved as Dubai is just one of those places I have always wanted to visit. Myself and my partner have never been and I remember being green with envy when my mum and dad went quite a few years back (although they brought me some amazing presents home so all was forgiven!). I always thought of Dubai as somewhere you go if you are single/a couple but never thought of it as a place to go with children. But this was just due to my lack of knowledge on what it is like to holiday there. I always thought of it a place that is amazing for shopping and luxury but it just never crossed my mind just how great it could be to go as a family, especially with a young child. You always think of places like Spain and France when looking at family holidays. But they can get so same-y and it’s usually just for ease that you don’t look elsewhere. So I decided to do some research and look at a holiday in Dubai from a parent’s perspective rather than the perspective I currently had on it (a 25 year old girl who loves to shop and loves to be pampered). I was particularly interested in the activities and what we could do with our toddler, all together as a family.
I was so pleasantly surprised to see just how many family friendly hotels there were and I have already mentally added my perfect holiday to basket in my head! I already thought Dubai was somewhere I would absolutely love to go but now it is 100% somewhere I aspire to take my little family (Top of my bucket list!). There is so much I would love to do there that would just make the holiday unforgettable and I have compiled my top 5 activities that I would definitely have to do:
1. So I have already mentioned about the shopping! I would love to take my big man and little man around their amazing Mall and completely spoil them…and myself. You can’t go to Dubai and not check out any of their shops, it would be like visiting Paris and not ever checking out the Eiffel Tower! Just plain wrong! Luckily my toddler and my guy love going to the shops so it’s something we love to do together.
2. Visit Atlantis! I already knew about this place before doing more research and I can honestly say it looks amazing! It is somewhere I have dreamed of going for most of my life. For a start it is just breathtakingly beautiful PLUS it has all the fun you could imagine there with the big marine and water park. Which pretty much leads me on to activity number three.
3. Swim with Dolphins! Now this activity makes me want to tear up just at the thought of it. This was my dream from the first moment I ever saw a Dolphin on TV. I actually got to swim with Dolphins finally when I was around 12 years old (13 years ago) and It is something I would just love to do again, especially with my family who, unlike myself have never done this before. I would love to share something like this with them and my little guy is just so obsessed with animals, it would be the perfect activity for us to do together (ah here I am almost tearing up again at the thought of him swimming with Dolphins).
4. Days at the Beach! On holiday, although I love trying to do as much as possible, a lot of the time I just want to chill and spend quality time with my family. Plus you don’t need to spend a fortune to have fun, or spend anything at all for that matter! A day on a golden sandy beach with the gorgeous clear blue water is something I could do every single day on holiday and still not get bored. Building sandcastles with my little guy to splashing around in the water and snorkelling, is something I would love to experience in Dubai as I hear their beaches are just beautiful.
5. Go on a tour! There are various tours of museums/traditional middle eastern places that I would love to visit. I would love to learn more about traditions and their history/culture and lets face it, they are brilliant photo ops! Although my son is only young he is taking everything in (like a sponge) at the moment and it would be brilliant to introduce him to other things out there. Let him see different beauty to what he usually sees at home. Whether we just choose to tour an area ourselves with our camera and a packed lunch or an actual tour in a museum that we book in to. Either way we would have an amazing day together with photos to cherish forever.
There are far too many things I want to do which made it extremely difficult to narrow it down to just my top 5. I can imagine this being a struggle if I ever did get the chance to visit Dubai as I would just want to do everything ( I wonder how long it would take me to save up for a month long trip to Dubai…). For now a holiday to Dubai will have to be something I dream about (whilst I try and sell everything in my loft to start saving up) but I know one day I will get my chance to go there and until then I can enjoy planning my dream trip!
Have you ever been to Dubai or ever wanted to go? What activities would you love to do? Let me know in a comment below and you could win a holiday there too! Anyone who comments with what they would love to do has the chance to win! Read the details below for more info.
Tots100 and Dubai Tourism are giving away a SECOND family holiday to Dubai!
Once our Blogger Challenge winner has been selected, Dubai Tourism will be selecting the best reader comment on the winning challenge blog post – and the author will win their own family break to Dubai!