Blog, Lifestyle & Home, Me & My Family, Parenting

Dreaming of a Holiday to Dubai

13282428_10154277046270337_374296649_o
I heard about The Tots100/Dubai Dreams Blogger challenge to win a trip to Dubai with Dubai Tourism and I just had to get involved as Dubai is just one of those places I have always wanted to visit. Myself and my partner have never been and I remember being green with envy when my mum and dad went quite a few years back (although they brought me some amazing presents home so all was forgiven!). I always thought of Dubai as somewhere you go if you are single/a couple but never thought of it as a place to go with children. But this was just due to my lack of knowledge on what it is like to holiday there. I always thought of it a place that is amazing for shopping and luxury but it just never crossed my mind just how great it could be to go as a family, especially with a young child. You always think of places like Spain and France when looking at family holidays. But they can get so same-y and it’s usually just for ease that you don’t look elsewhere. So I decided to do some research and look at a holiday in Dubai from a parent’s perspective rather than the perspective I currently had on it (a 25 year old girl who loves to shop and loves to be pampered). I was particularly interested in the activities and what we could do with our toddler, all together as a family.

I was so pleasantly surprised to see just how many family friendly hotels there were and I have already mentally added my perfect holiday to basket in my head! I already thought Dubai was somewhere I would absolutely love to go but now it is 100% somewhere I aspire to take my little family (Top of my bucket list!). There is so much I would love to do there that would just make the holiday unforgettable and I have compiled my top 5 activities that I would definitely have to do:

1. So I have already mentioned about the shopping! I would love to take my big man and little man around their amazing Mall and completely spoil them…and myself. You can’t go to Dubai and not check out any of their shops, it would be like visiting Paris and not ever checking out the Eiffel Tower! Just plain wrong! Luckily my toddler and my guy love going to the shops so it’s something we love to do together.

2. Visit Atlantis! I already knew about this place before doing more research and I can honestly say it looks amazing! It is somewhere I have dreamed of going for most of my life. For a start it is just breathtakingly beautiful PLUS it has all the fun you could imagine there with the big marine and water park. Which pretty much leads me on to activity number three.

3. Swim with Dolphins! Now this activity makes me want to tear up just at the thought of it. This was my dream from the first moment I ever saw a Dolphin on TV. I actually got to swim with Dolphins finally when I was around 12 years old (13 years ago) and It is something I would just love to do again, especially with my family who, unlike myself have never done this before. I would love to share something like this with them and my little guy is just so obsessed with animals, it would be the perfect activity for us to do together (ah here I am almost tearing up again at the thought of him swimming with Dolphins).

4. Days at the Beach! On holiday, although I love trying to do as much as possible, a lot of the time I just want to chill and spend quality time with my family. Plus you don’t need to spend a fortune to have fun, or spend anything at all for that matter! A day on a golden sandy beach with the gorgeous clear blue water is something I could do every single day on holiday and still not get bored. Building sandcastles with my little guy to splashing around in the water and snorkelling, is something I would love to experience in Dubai as I hear their beaches are just beautiful.

5. Go on a tour! There are various tours of museums/traditional middle eastern places that I would love to visit. I would love to learn more about traditions and their history/culture and lets face it, they are brilliant photo ops! Although my son is only young he is taking everything in (like a sponge) at the moment and it would be brilliant to introduce him to other things out there. Let him see different beauty to what he usually sees at home. Whether we just choose to tour an area ourselves with our camera and a packed lunch or an actual tour in a museum that we book in to. Either way we would have an amazing day together with photos to cherish forever.

There are far too many things I want to do which made it extremely difficult to narrow it down to just my top 5. I can imagine this being a struggle if I ever did get the chance to visit Dubai as I would just want to do everything ( I wonder how long it would take me to save up for a month long trip to Dubai…). For now a holiday to Dubai will have to be something I dream about (whilst I try and sell everything in my loft to start saving up) but I know one day I will get my chance to go there and until then I can enjoy planning my dream trip!

Have you ever been to Dubai or ever wanted to go? What activities would you love to do? Let me know in a comment below and you could win a holiday there too! Anyone who comments with what they would love to do has the chance to win! Read the details below for more info.

Tots100 and Dubai Tourism are giving away a SECOND family holiday to Dubai!

Once our Blogger Challenge winner has been selected, Dubai Tourism will be selecting the best reader comment on the winning challenge blog post – and the author will win their own family break to Dubai!

Share on
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

18 Comments

• Reply Ashley whitbread

Oh wow! I’ve always dreamed of visiting Dubai, it just looks amazing! My little man is yet to experience a plane journey, so that would be the best experience for him.(as his obsessed he would loose his marble!)
    We would defiantly do some shopping and exploring as much as we can! Beach days would be a must for my 2 year old as he loves the sand, also water parks and normal parks for my tinker! Xx

26th May 2016 at 4:04 pm
  • Reply Sharon

I agree – more parents should consider Dubai as a family holiday destination. It appeals to all ages. My kids are teens are they are desperate to go! Good luck :)

26th May 2016 at 4:28 pm
  • Reply Zoe

Wow the Dubai fountain looks absolutely amazing! I would love to go to Dubai just to see that yet there is so much more all in one place – it is almost too hard to imagine so I will have to go there to find out for myself The beautiful beach beckons me, incredible concerts and entertainment, retail heaven and then relax and unwind by trying out traditional spa therapies at the hammam! The food in Dubai looks divine and I bet it is delicious. My husband would love the adventure sports, golf courses and falconry. There is something here for everyone. Dubai is my dream destination.

26th May 2016 at 4:31 pm
  • Reply Mel @mydaysni

I completely agree – the biggest problem with visiting Dubai would be deciding what to do. Perhaps that is why so many people choose to live there for a few years – so they can fit it all in!
    The beaches look absolutely stunning. I love the beaches here, but to visit those golden sands and feel warm water on your toes, instead of my usual icy Arcticness of the Atlantic, would be the definition of bliss.
    And if I got a little fed up of my children eating sand (it happens) I would whisk them off to one of the water parks instead, and pay a visit to Dolpin Bay for an encounter with those magnificent animals!
    For culture I would visit a Souk and a Bedouin camp, as well as strolling around the old town.
    Mostly I would just marvel at the luxury and extravagance. The diversity and variety. New meets old.
    I would cherish every moment!

26th May 2016 at 4:35 pm
  • Reply Bernadette Cooke

I would love to take my grandsons on a Dream Trip to Dubai – a clean, safe, family-friendly holiday destination, with plenty of activities to choose from for any age range. As well as relaxing on the beautiful golden sand of JBR Beach with its warm, calm and shallow waters we would all enjoy a dune-bashing safari followed by a camel ride and BBQ dinner in a Bedouin desert camp.

We would visit the Dubai Museum in the Al Fahidi Fort to learn about life from a bygone era as a contrast to the amazing architecture of the modern city which we could view from the front or rear carriages of the driverless Dubai Metro system and then take it all in from the At The Top observation deck of the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.

The free and impressive Dubai Fountain water, light and music show can be watched from one of many waterfront cafes just outside the Dubai Mall. The malls in Dubai have many family attractions to choose from. The boys could try ice-skating, helped by the ‘penguin pals’, visit the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo and also see the giant 155 million year old dinosaur skeleton (DubaiDino), all in the Dubai Mall.

The boys love theme parks and this summer Dubai will open the world’s largest indoor theme park – IMG Worlds of Adventure with four themed zones inside including Marvel, Cartoon Network, Lost Valley – Dinosaur Adventure and IMG Boulevard. This will be completely enclosed and temperature-controlled with 1.5 million square feet of entertainment space!

Our only problem will be going home with so much more left for us to see and do in beautiful Dubai

26th May 2016 at 4:39 pm
  • Reply Donna Billson

I genuinely never knew how much there was to do in Dubai ….. I would be going for the shopping and the sunshine … the rest is an added bonus.

26th May 2016 at 4:42 pm
  • Reply Kelly

I would love to go to Dubai as a complete sun worshipper I would love to laze around on the beautiful beaches there as well as go crazy on the water park rides. I love to shop too so would nice to stroll around the amazing shops there.

26th May 2016 at 4:53 pm
  • Reply Rebecca Beesley

The foodie side of things would really appeal to us in Dubai…Al Mahara restaurant would be a must for us as a foodie family who has had so many foodie adventures including Noma and meeting Mary Berry, this would be the ultimate icing on the cake. Dubai seems to have the perfect recipe for a family holiday…A good spoonful of food, culture and history, a big scoop of fun, family and adventure, a drizzle of adrenalin, a large cup of architecture and a sprinkling of magic to make the perfect family holiday!

26th May 2016 at 5:03 pm
  • Reply Louise Fairweather

My friend went to Dubai in February and said that she did a tour with a local that was fantastic having them as a guide. I would love to head out to the desert and go on a camel safari. Seeing the sunset over the sand dunes would be an unforgettable experience for me and the boys

26th May 2016 at 5:05 pm
  • Reply Mummy Fever

I have been but that was before the children – I’d love to take them. We’d have to have a ski whilst there and do a dolphin experience too. I think we’d go to a water park and spend time watching the stunning fountains. A trip to the beach would be a must as our beach near home is normally cold and wet .

Good luck with your entry x

26th May 2016 at 7:06 pm
  • Reply Verily Victoria Vocalises

The more I read these posts, the more I love the place! Dubai sounds like such an excellent place to go for families. I would really like to swim with dolphins – it sounds perfect :) Good luck x

26th May 2016 at 7:57 pm
  • Reply Neill Johnstone

My children are still too small to enjoy some of activities on offer (I’d so love a desert safari!), but the turtle sanctuary would have my two-year old in awe. It’s an amazingly immersive way to get children to engage with the wonders of nature – and perfect for anyone looking to stretch their budget.
    On the subject of budget stretching, quite a few museums are free or only modestly priced. I could spend way longer in the coin museum than my family would possibly tolerate, but I think I could offset that in the camel museum – everyone loves camels!
    The big blowout for me would be the Dolphin Bay/Aquaventure trip. What more is there to say – it’s world-class and wet. I’ll be honest, Poseidon’s Revenge looks a bit much for me, but as I’d be looking after little ones, I’d have an excuse to chicken out, right?!
    Finally – sticking with world-class and wet, the Dubai Fountain is surely an essential part of every visitor’s itinerary? When something that beautiful can be seen for free, it’d be a crime to miss it!

26th May 2016 at 8:38 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Oakes

Dubai has been at the top of my bucket list for many years now and reading you post has made me want to visit so much more!

Souks, skyscrapers, sand and sea, Dubai really has something for all the family and the possibility of visiting this incredible city is making me super excited.

I’d love the opportunity to win our perfect family holiday in Dubai; a holiday for the four of us, that combines unlimited opportunities for fun and adventure. We’d be able to

escape the ‘day to day’, making memories and recharging our batteries. And it would give us the chance to simply spend our days together as a family, enjoying each other’s company before Jack starts school in September.

There are so many amazing adventures we’d like to experience, but our top 3 would have to be:

1// A day of aquatic fun at Atlantis’ Aquaventure Waterpark to cool off in the Dubai heat. Aquaventure caters for all the family with its record-breaking rides and slides for thrill seekers and the Splashers’ Children’s Play Area, which is a haven for little ones with water cannons, slides and climbing frames.

2 // A once-in-a-lifetime experience at Dolphin Bay. As there’s no age limit, we could enjoy this amazing experience as a family and I can only imagine the joy on the children’s faces when they get up close to these amazing creatures!

3 // Experience the heady heights of Burj Khalifa. We couldn’t visit Dubai without venturing up the tallest building in the World, and although I’m afraid of heights, I’d still feel compelled to visit the observation deck on the 144th floor. As long as I don’t stand too close to the edge, nor look vertically down, I think I’d actually enjoy it.

I’m now off to spend the day daydreaming about Dubai and all it has to offer…

Best of luck with your entry! X

26th May 2016 at 9:12 pm
  • Reply Sarah Christie

It is so hard to choose isn’t it but I am with you Atlantis and the Dolphins are way up there for me too, ooh and the shopping but I would let all of my boys head off to the beach and leave me to shop in total bliss alone, how amazing would that be. I just know I would want a little alone time to wander and take photos too, I love wandering and taking photos it makes me so happy and chilled just snapping away x

26th May 2016 at 9:48 pm
  • Reply Jess @ Catch A Single Thought

I am so with you on never thinking about it in terms of a holiday for families, it’s amazing that from just one twitter chat my eyes have been opened to all the stunning things we could experience if we were lucky enough to go. We’ve never been to Dubai and I am literally in awe of how much there is for families to see and do. I’m so impressed. We’d love to do a lot of the things you’ve mentioned in your post plus a visit to the souks (the writer in me is dying to get in there and absorb the atmosphere and the Instagrammer in me can just imagine the vibrancy of the colours) as well as a visit to the turtle rehabilitation centre for my daughter who wants to be a marine biologist when she grows up. But really, the list could just go on and on couldn’t it? I’m fairly confident that if we were lucky enough to go we’d fall head over heels and probably never want to leave again! Good luck with your entry.

27th May 2016 at 9:48 am
  • Reply lucy@capturebylucy

I felt exactly the same it’s impossible really to narrow all the things you could do there into a handful of activities! But I guess that’s the magic, you have to go again and again to do it all! Lovely post full of excitement, good luck! xx ps I like the sound of the month long visit!

27th May 2016 at 3:10 pm
  • Reply jill dean

I have thought about visiting Dubai but wondered how much there is do. It seem there is plenty to see and do!

31st May 2016 at 2:24 pm
  • Reply Tee simpson

Would love to go to Dubai! Seems so magical and all round fun for tge whole family!

30th June 2016 at 8:25 pm